I am a computer scientist, living in Vienna, Austria, and currently working as researcher at the St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences.
In my current research I focus on different aspects of data management:
- Data Mesh architectures: the challenges and technical requirements of establishing decentralized data ecosystems.
- Trustworthy data: aspects of data governance and data quality management.
- Knowledge Graphs: the challenges of extracting information from large, heterogeneous sources and the use of semantic systems to integrate the data.
I defended my Ph.D. in Computer Science in 2019 at the Vienna University of Technology; my thesis is centered around methods to integrate and enrich open data using semantic web– and machine learning-based technologies. The thesis was supervised by Professor Axel Polleres, while working as a research and teaching associate at WU Vienna.
- I am co-organizing the First Workshop on Semantic AI (SemAI 2022) on September 12, 2022, located at SEMANTiCS conference 2022. We welcome research and best practices papers. The topics of interest include semantic AI systems and neuro-symbolic AI. The submission deadline is June 13, 2022.
- The FFG funded project DiDaMe – Towards a Distributed Data Mesh Platform – had its kickoff on March 1, 2022! Project poster: [pdf]